Positive Mind = Happy life
Thoughts become actions, actions become habits, habits create success.
If you’re anything like me you are probably thinking what is mindset training and does it even work? So let’s start by addressing what mindset training is and what my thoughts on it were before and after.
Firstly, what is mindset training? To understand this you first need to realise that there is two types of mindsets “fixed mindsets” & “growth mindsets” when you are in a fixed mindset you believe that ability is god given, you either have talent or you don’t, and setbacks label you as deficient. In a growth mindset, ability can be developed, setbacks are opportunities, and building talent is a process.
Now you are probably saying, but Sera how do we train this?
And that’s where I was sceptical at first because like anything we deem life changing that will grant us success is usually really hard, and this was so easy!
Start small… like anything new I always find starting small is best, don’t try to do too much too soon or you are just setting yourself up for failure. Start by taking 15 minutes in the morning to meditate and you can join me and my friend Katy in this video below.
Another thing I really like to do is have a list of self affirmations that I will run over about 3 times a day or whenever I am feeling a bit stressed and defeated. I go somewhere as quiet as possible, if you are at work you can seriously go and do this in the toilet it only takes two minutes and you can say these in your head so you won’t be sounding like a weirdo in the cubicle ladies don’t worry haha
Here’s a list of affirmations and self motivating phrases I use.
1. Every day I am getting better and better
2. I am abundantly joyful and happy I am so grateful for my life
3. I love who I am now and I love who I am becoming
After using these I find that I am refreshed and less stressed and that the thing I was worrying about so much wasn’t really anything to worry about and if it was something I could change, I realised I have the power to change it.
5 things to remember on your path to growing a stronger mindset.
1. Acknowledge and embrace imperfections - Hiding from your weaknesses means you’ll never overcome them.
2. View challenges as opportunities - Having a growth mindset means relishing opportunities for self-improvement.
3. Replace “failing” with “learning” - When you make a mistake or fall short of a goal, you haven’t failed you’ve learnt.
4. Reward actions and not traits - think of how positive what you are doing is and enjoy the journey.
5. Think realistically about time and effort - It takes time to learn. Don’t expect to master everything first try.
I’m hoping that with these tips you might be on the road to discovering and unlocking the most powerful “YOU” that you can be. I know that its helped me tremendously and I couldn’t keep this a secret from you all
“it’s not about how good you are, its about how good you want to be”